DCARC’s Volunteer Examiner Team regularly conducts in-person test sessions and can do so upon request. Remote test sessions are also being conducted by several other radio clubs.
While the club currently does not have formal classes scheduled, there are many resources available for self-study. The recommended manual is the ARRL Ham Radio License Manual, which can be purchased directly from the National Association for Amateur Radio or via Amazon. Be sure to purchase the most recent (5th) edition, which covers material in the current FCC Technician Question Pool.Additional Resources:
- ARRL Bookstore and License Manuals
- W5YI License Manuals
- KEØOG’s YouTube License Training and Resources (Free – Based on the ARRL Ham Radio License Manual)
- KB6NU’s No-Nonsense Technician Class License Study Guide (Free PDF Version)
- List of Remote Ham Radio Test Sessions via HamStudy.org
- AA9PW’s Amateur Radio Exam Practice Page